There’s nothing sadder as a pet owner then watching Fido’s fun get curtailed by the onset of painful osteoarthritis and other painful joint conditions. This article will discuss the Osteo Pet dog treats with glucosamine & chondroitin products for anyone who owns an elderly dog that:
- Has difficulty walking, particularly on uneven surfaces and stairs
- Struggles to rise easily
- Has lost the spark of fun they once had.
Your vet can prescribe specific pain medication for your dogs aching joints, but these can be pricey and concerned pet owners may worry about the side effects on liver, kidneys and heart in their beloved friend. What if there was another, over the counter glucosamine for dogs, gentler option to keep Rover up on their feet and frolicking? There may well be- today, we’re looking at Osteo Pet Glucosamine/Chondroitin for Dogs Bacon and Cheese flavoured treats.
Osteo Pet Glucosamine/Chondroitin tablets are a double-strength osteoarthritis and joint formulation for dogs. They’re handily available in packs of 60 and 180 tablets.
Features and Benefits of the Osteo Pet product:
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin both occur naturally in the cartilage. Studies suggest that supplementation with both of these can assist with the rehabilitation of cartilage and pain reduction in both humans and dogs. Osteo Pet Glucosamine/Chondroitin tablets also contain MSM for added joint support, to offer your dog a well-rounded supplement to improve their quality of life and get them playing like a pup again.
- They’re even designed as Bacon and Cheese flavored treats to convince your canine friend that eating them can be fun [and take the struggle out of daily dosing]. If you’d like to know a little more about the use of Glucosamine and Chondroitin for aching joints, and other things that can help keep your pooch comfortable with arthritis, click here for some great information, tips and advice.
Things to Consider
As with all products, it’s always best to consult with your vet when starting new treatment programs. Most vets happily recommend the Osteo Pet glucosamine/chondroitin supplements for dogs with joint problems, and Osteo Pets’ convenient chewable tablets make dosing simple and comfortable for you and Fido. If you’ve got a bigger dog, remember that they will need more than one tablet daily, so it may be best to consider the larger pack sizes for your convenience.
Although Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplements for humans exists, a formula specifically designed for dogs will be more appropriate and digestible. If possible, give the treats to your dog before a mealtime to enhance absorption.
Limited research in humans suggests patients with diabetes may not be suited for Glucosamine therapy, so while scientific studies on man’s best friend are still in the pipeline, you may want to monitor treatment in dogs with diabetes.
- As glucosamine is derived from shellfish, be careful handling it if you have shellfish allergies.
What are Customers saying?
It’s always helpful to know what others think of a product before buying it. Amazon rates Osteo Pet Glucosamine/Chondroitin tablets a very healthy 4 stars, and reading the reviews it’s easy to see why.
Most people who tried the products saw a marked improvements in their aging dog’s mobility and enthusiasm within 5 days, although experts caution trying the therapy for at least four to eight weeks before making a decision to allow it maximum working time. Although a few die-hard divas refused to take the tablets easily, they’re in the minority and most dogs seem to have appreciated the chewy formula-owners across the board express satisfaction with their pooches’ willingness to eat it straight out of their hand.
Sound like the right product for your dog? If you’d like to get yourself a bottle of Osteo Pet Glucosamine/Chondroitin for Dogs Bacon and Cheese flavoured treats, or if you’d like to explore more user opinions,